Placing an Order for a .ie Domain Name
On our landing page, enter your desired domain name in the box provided and hit GO to check if it’s available.
If your name is available, go ahead and click Add To Cart.
If your name is not available, it will not show up in the search results. You can search for an alternative in the box provided, or browse the other extensions that have availability (have you considered .irish?)
You can now click View Cart in the top right of the page and review your cart contents.
Once you have reviewed your domain (be sure to check spelling!) click Next Step to proceed.
Next you will find the Configure Your Package Page. Here you will need to provide some supporting information for your application.
1. Tick here if you're hosting your website somewhere other than with us
- You can tick this box if you have decided to host your website with a provider other than Blacknight
- Note, to proceed with this selection, you must have valid nameservers from your intended host
- If you intend to host your website elsewhere but do not have valid nameservers for your intended host, or you are not sure, you can leave this box un-ticked. This will allow the order to proceed using Blacknight nameservers, which can be change easily once the domain is active in your account
- If you do have nameservers for your intended host, be sure to check with them that the domain is set up correctly in their DNS zone. If this is not done the order process may be delayed.
2. Is this domain to be registered in someone else's name?
- If you are registering this Domain for someone else, tick this box so that you can provide their details.
- Note, the IE Domain registry requires that that the Applicant act as the admin contact for the domain, and not a 3rd party.
- For example, if you are a Web Developer and you are handling the registration of the domain for a client, you should provide your clients details here as the web developer cannot act as the admin contact. Failure to provide these details may delay the domain registration process.
3. Domain Category
- Here you can choose the type of Domain you are registering
4. Applicant Class
- Here you can choose a class that most closely reflects you as the applicant
- You can find a full explanation of each Class here, however a quick overview of the most common selections:
- Registered Company = Body Corporate
- Non Business Regular Person = Natural Person
- Club, Society or Non Business Group = Unincorporated Association
5. Company No./RBN No./Vat Number/Trade Mark Number
- Depending on the Domain Category chosen, you will be asked to provide one of the above numbers in the box provided
- If you do not have the number to hand, but still wish to proceed, you can enter “tba” for “to be advised” in the box to proceed. Note however this will delay the registration process.
Once all the relevant information has been entered, click Continue to proceed to the next step.
On the Bulk Registration page, you can add additional domains to your shopping cart, however if you are happy with your current selection, click Continue to Checkout.
On the next page, you can add a Web Hosting Plan. If you haven’t thought about hosting yet you can see our shared hosting packages here.
You can add Webhosting to your order by clicking Add to Cart1 below your chosen pacckage, or you can proceed directly to the next page by clicking the green Checkout2 button just below your shopping cart
Important Note: Do you want to add your domain to your existing hosting with Blacknight?3
- You will see a box noted with the above just below your Shopping Cart contents.
- If you are already a Blacknight customer, and have already purchased a hosting subscription, and you wish to add your domain to that account/subscription, you can tick this box now and add the domain to your account.
- If you do not have an account, leave this box is not ticked and proceed with the Guide.
You can add Basekit Subscription to your order by clicking Add to Cart below your chosen pacckage, or you can proceed directly to the next page by clicking the green Checkout button just below your shopping cart
You can add a RankingCoach Subscription to your order by clicking Add to Cart2 below your chosen package, or you can proceed directly to the next page by clicking the green Checkout1 button just below your shopping cart.
On the next page you can either log into an existing Blacknight account or create a new account for this order.
If you have an account already with Blacknight you can choose Yes, login to your Blacknight account, which will prompt you to enter your Blacknight login account credentials.
If you are a new Customer, or you wish to create a new account for the purpose of this order, you can scroll down and fill out the web form to create an account.
At this stage you can choose to create a Personal Account, or a Business Account
- A personal account will allow you to define one Authorised Contact for the account
- A business account will allow you to define up to 3 Authorised Contacts: Admin, Billing, and Tech Contacts
- The information entered in this page will be used to populate the Whois details for your domain name (unless specified otherwise earlier).
- This information will also be used as the Authorised contact information for the account. This means that we will only act on requests that come from the person or email address listed as the Admin contact for personal accounts, or as Admin, Billing or Tech contact for Business accounts.
When filling out the form pay particular attention to the Password1 criteria:
Passwords must be at least 10 characters, with at least 3 of the following: Uppercase letter, Lowercase letter, number, punctiation character. Shorter passwords must contain all four. Passwords should not match dictionary words or your account information.
The strength of your password will be indicated to the right of the password boxes and will indicate if your chosen password is secure enough to be used for your account.
If you wish you can click the Generate Password2 button, which will automatically generate a Secure password for you. To view the password that has been created, hover your mouse cursor over the the box labelled Hover for Passwd3
Once you have logged in or have entered the required information to create an account you can proceed to enter details for your desired payment method.
When you are ready to place the order, you can choose to view and accept Blacknight Internet Solutions Terms of Service. To proceed with the order, tick the box to confirm you agree and click Place Order to complete the order process.
If you are returned to the Account Creation Page, one of the entries is invalid. The field causing the error should be highlighted in red as shown below:
You can make any corrections necessary, and proceed to click Place Order again.
Once the order has been successfully placed, you will see the order confirmation page. You will also receive notification via email that your order is processing,