If you wish to transfer a domain name to another account with Blacknight, we will need to receive an email from the current account holder requesting the transfer.
The email needs to come from the address listed as admin contact on the account and will need to include answers to the following:
- Do you want to change the account that is billed for the domain? If so, please confirm which account ID the billing is being moved from and which account ID it is being moved to. –Please confirm which domain name(s) are to be moved:
- NB: Please note that moving the billing of the domain into a new account also means the new account holder has the ability to change the domain holder details for certain domain extensions. With this knowledge you will need to confirm that are you happy to proceed.
- Do you wish to change the ownership of the domain (also referred to as the Whois details)?
If so please confirm the following details:
Name of new domain holder:
Company / Organisation name (if applicable):
Email of new domain holder:
Address of new domain holder:
Phone number of new domain holder:
- Do you wish to move/migrate the hosting of email for the domain(s) to the new account?
- Do you wish to move/migrate the hosting of the website for the domain(s) to the new account?
The email should be sent to email@example.com
Please be aware that moving just the billing of a domain does not change the whois details or hosting in any way. It is not possible for us to automatically move hosting between accounts. The new account holder will need to purchase a new hosting plan in their own account (or use an existing one they have) and upload the files to the new plan.