Before you start:
- Ensure that the Admin, Owner and Tech contact details for your domain are accurate and up to date and reflected in the Whois Database. If required please contact your current registrar to update your details
- If you have a Privacy or Proxy service applied to your domain, ensure that this is removed before processing a transfer
- Ensure that the domain has Been Unlocked by your current registrar
- Ensure that you have obtained a valid EPP Code from your current registrar
- Ensure that your domain is currently active and has not expired.
- Ensure that it has been more that 60 Days since you registered or last transferred your domain
Once you have obtained the EPP code for your domain, you can place your domainvia our website blacknight.com,, or via your Blacknight account :
- Login to your Control Panel > Click Account Tab > Click Register New Domain
Once the domain transfer order has been placed, you will be sent an email from Blacknight asking you to validate the transfer.
We ask you to validate the transfer to ensure that the listed domain holder has requested the transfer and not a third party.
If you do not have access to the listed email address, or the email address listed is part of a privacy or proxy service, you will need to contact your current provider to update your details.
Once the above is actioned the transfer can proceed and will typically complete within 7 days