For Shared Hosting email
Common Email Clients/Devices
General Setup Information
- Incoming Mailserver
- Outgoing Mailserver
- The Username is the full e-mail address.
- The Password is whatever was set up on the mailbox when created (or what you changed it to):
- If you need to change the password you can do so via the cp.blacknight.com control panel.
- Note this requires Administrative access to the control panel account; if you do not have administrative credentials the Blacknight Account Holder or otherwise those that do have access to the account (as an Administrator) will have to change the password for you.
- The Incoming and Outgoing Mailservers are mail.blacknight.com.
- SMTP Authentication is required for the Outgoing Mailserver connection:
- Some email clients will suggest it is optional but that is not the case.
- You must enable this and use the same Username/Password for the connection.
- More details on how to enable SMTP Authentication on can be found here.
- It is recommended to use encryption on the Incoming and Outgoing connections where possible:
- For the Incoming Mailserver connection, SSL on port 995 (POP3) or port 993 (IMAP).
- For the Outgoing Mailserver connection, StartTLS/TLS on port 25 or 587.
- Note that some older email software may not be capable of encryption - due to the changes in protocols, or may only be able to encrypt the Incoming Mailserver connection.
- Note that StartTLS is also known simply as TLS in some programs.
- If you do not, or cannot, use encryption on the connections:
- For the Incoming Mailserver connection, port 110 (POP3) or port 143 (IMAP).
- For the Outgoing Mailserver connection, port 25 or 587.
If you have any queries on this, please contact our Support team - see the following for our contact details: