Note: this applies to our legacy, Direct Admin or Helm, hosting plans only.
It is possible to publish your Frontpage website without the use of Frontpage Server Extensions. Here are the steps:
- Open the File menu and select Publish Web
- On the location screen that appears enter your website address in the form:
- Enter your FTP username and password. This was sent to you in your Blacknight hosting welcome email.
- You will then be presented with the files stored on your pc and if you click the Show button you will see where you are about to upload them to.
- You must browse to the correct location to upload your files to, this location will depend on your hosting package:
- Windows hosting package > browse to > wwwroot/
- Linux hosting package > domains/domainname.com/public_html
- If you are unsure of this step, contact email@example.com as it is critical that this step is completed correctly.
Please note, the following features will not work when publishing without Frontpage Server Extensions:
- Form processing
- Bulletin board
- Hit counter
- Database features