Important Notes When Creating An Admin User
- It is not possible to limit a user's access to certain areas of the control panel:
- The cp.blacknight.com control panel is not configured in such a way to allow for this.
- The user you will have full access to the whole account - as like any other administrator.
- The "Account Administrator" role must be added to be an admin contact on the account:
- This role is required for when that user wishes to contact our Support team for queries and requests associated with that particular account.
- This role is also required to access all areas on the cp.blacknight.com account.
- The "Full Access" Billing Role must be added to the user:
- It is not possible to add the user otherwise.
- It is also not possible for you to set up new Billing roles.
- The "Username" must be unique throughout the entire Blacknight Control Panel:
- That is to say the username cannot be the same as one already setup via another account.
- You may need to vary the username to suit the account you are adding it to.
- The "Email Address" associated with the user must be verified:
- This is required to confirm access via the email account.
- This is also required to allow access to the ticket system via that user.
- Tickets can then either be raised:
- Via the Helpdesk system, via the login to the account.
- Via email from the address listed on the user to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Create A Fully Administrative User
You can create a new user in cp.blacknight.com under:
Account >> Admins >> Add New Admin
After adding the user to the control panel, add the "Account Administrator" role to that user:
Account >> Admins >> (The User) >> Manage Advanced Settings >> Add Element
Tick the "Account Administrator" role
The user you will have full access to the whole account - as like any other administrator; note that it is not possible to limit a user's access to certain areas in the control panel.
After logging in via the user you find you cannot access any hosting items on the account it is likely that you have not added the Account Administrator role to the user.
If you have any queries on this, please contact our Support team - see the following for our contact details: