This article is in relation to setting up emails for either Linux or Windows Shared Hosting accounts on Mac Mail.
1. Open Up Mac Mail and browse to the following:
Mail > Add Account > Other Mail Account
2. Provide the following settings:
- Name: What you would like others to see when you send them an email
- Email address: The email address you are adding to Mac Mail
- Password: The password for this specific email address you are adding
3. Click Next and the provide the server information as requested:
- Account Type: We would recommend IMAP
- Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server: both mail.blacknight.com
4. If you receive an error regarding 'Unable to verify account settings', proceed regardless.
5. Browse to the following:
Mail > Preferences > Accounts
6. Ensure the following settings are applied:
- Disable 'Automatically maintain connection settings' for both Incoming and Outgoing
- Host name: mail.blacknight.com for all host name fields
- Type the full email address for the username, and put in the password. Fill these out for both incoming and outgoing.
- Authentication: Password for both incoming and outgoing
- Use TLS/SSL must be disabled for both incoming and outgoing
7. Finally, browse to the following and ensure these settings are applied:
Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Outgoing Mail > Account: Edit SMTP Server List
- Ensure 'Automatically maintain connection settings' is disabled in here also
- Insert the same username, password and host name as above