For older versions of Microsoft Outlook, please see:
Setting up shared email account in Outlook
To set up Office 365 on Microsoft Outlook, please see:
Office 365: Configure My Office 365 Email Account In Outlook
This is a guide on how to set up Blacknight Shared Hosting email on Microsoft Outlook 2019.
Before starting the process, we would suggest that you check you have the correct password for the email account by testing the same via the webmail login here - https://altmail.blacknight.com:
- The username is always the full email address, this applies to any device/interface/software.
- The password is that of the email account itself - not the Blacknight Control Panel admin login.
If you find that the login is not working via the webmail then the likelihood is you do not have the correct password and you will need to change it - refer to the following:
Setting up the Email account
Outlook will try to fetch setup information automatically but will be unable to do so, as such you need to keep clicking Connect (or Next) until it lets you proceed to the next step to enter details manually.
1) Open Outlook and go to File >> Add Account and type in your email address.
Note that you need to ensure you tick "Let me set up my account manually" and then click Connect.
2) Choose IMAP from the list shown.
3) Type in your password.
This is the password for the email account itself - not the Blacknight Control Panel admin login.
4) You will be presented with this screen, enter the information as per the image below.
- Note that you must use mail.blacknight.com as the Incoming and Outgoing Server hostnames.
- If you enable Encryption:
- Use 993 and SSL/TLS for the Incoming Connection.
- Use 587 and STARTTLS (or TLS) for the Outgoing connection.
Once ready, click Next.
4) The account should then be added.
We recommend unchecking the box for "Outlook Mobile" and then click OK to finish the process.
If you have any queries on this, please contact our Support team - see the following for our contact details: