The updated phpmyadmin displays data as per the charset, the issue is that the varchar fields are set to utf8_bin if you change the fields to to utf8_general_c they will display correctly in phpmyadmin.
Articles in this section
- Converting a MySQL 5.5 database to 5.7
- phpmyadmin table data is displayed as numbers and letters
- Importing/Exporting a MySql database on shared hosting
- Can't delete/edit tables in Mylittle Admin
- How can I add a new database user?
- Do you support MSSQL 2008?
- What versions of MSSQL do you support?
- How can I backup a MySQL database
- How can I manage my MySQL database?
- How can I enable external access for my MySQL Database?