There are reports of issues with formatting in HTML emails sent by WooCommerce (version 4).
After extensive testing, it appears that the newer version of WooCommerce may have a bug relating to the output of those emails and/or the formatting of the resulting email template file has been changed and set with an incorrect spacing/character set.
We have determined that there are two workarounds for this issue:
- Use Plain Text emails instead of HTML emails:
- You can set this via the "Emails" section in the WooCommerce settings.
- You may need to set this on all types of emails that WooCommerce sends.
- Install an SMTP plugin:
- This appears to output the HTML correctly; though it may not be fixed by all SMTP plugins.
- We tested "Easy WP SMTP" but you can try your preferred plugin to see if that does the same.
It may well be the case that this formatting/output issue is resolved in updates from Wordpress/WooCommerce, however, if you experience this issue at any time over the versioning of Wordpress the above should be suitable workarounds.
In addition to the above:
If you are not using an SMTP plugin in your Wordpress website it would be highly advised that you do so to resolve other potential sending issues from your website - including the "From"/Sender not being set to the correct address.
You can read more about this as per the article below:
If you have any queries on this, please contact our Support team - see the following for our contact details: