This article applies to customers on the WordPress Hosting plan.
For more information about this plan, please go to: https://www.blacknight.com/wordpress/
NOTE: For larger sites, or sites with WooCommerce, we recommend waiting until your site is less busy, such as in the late evening, before enabling this option.
- Log into the Blacknight Control Panel at https://cp.blacknighthosting.com
- Go to Services >> My Services >> Click on Website Hosting - Wordpress (cPanel) >> Click cPanel to launch the control panel itself.
- Scroll down to the Software section and look for AccelerateWP
- You will now see AccelerateWP and your site listed. You will note there are two red exclamation marks (!) on the page. Click on the first one.
- If you receive the following message, it means that you have an already existing caching plugin installed on your WordPress site. You must deactivate the plugin in order for AccelerateWP to work.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel, go to the Plugins section and Deactivate any conflicting plugins.
- Go back to AccelerateWP and refresh the page. Now you can activate AccelerateWP. Once it has been activated, it will be switched on and a message will display in the top corner.
Do note: While the preloading cache is being built in the background, it can consume extra resources on the server. The duration of this process may vary depending on the size of your website.
- To check if AccelerateWP is working. Log into your WordPress Admin Panel, go to Settings >> Accelerate WP and you will see a big green message on the screen.
- AccelerateWP would not be installed and working on your website.
- As part of the WordPress plan, you also have access to AccelerateWP Premium.
Click on the cog (⚙) to configure.
NOTE: These features should only be enabled if 'SmartAdvice' advises on enabling it.
- Once completed, you will see that both AccelerateWP and AccelerateWP Premium are now Active!
If you have any queries on this, please contact our Support team - see the following for our contact details: