There are three different ways to change the look of your site:
- Changing the template
- Changing the site styles
- Changing the style of a piece of content
Choosing a template can either be done when you initially sign up to the editor, or by selecting another one via the Template picker. To access the Template picker:
- Click Template picker
If you are changing the look of your site after adding lots of content, it's a good idea to use the Preview button to see how your content works with a new template.
Use Site styles to change the colours and fonts across your whole site.
To change Site styles:
1. Open the Pages & folders menu
2. Click the More button ( ⋮ ) next to your site name and select Site styles
What styles can you change?
Site background colour
Site content styles
Reset Site styles
If you aren't happy with your style changes you can reset them using the Reset all styles button at the bottom of the panel.
Content styles are a set of options that can change the colours and fonts for a particular type of content.
To access Content styles:
1. Hover over a piece of content
2. Click the settings icon in the top left corner
3. Click the Style tab shown in the sidebar at the top
Content type styles
Style changes made on a particular type of content will be applied to all other instances of that content type on your site.
To change a style: click on the style you would like to change and click the back button ( < ) once you are done making those changes.
There are three options for choosing a colour:
1. Selecting one from the pre-defined palette
2. Using the colour wheel
3. Adding a hexadecimal colour
Font and typography options can be changed in the following ways:
- The font itself
- The weight or thickness
- The size
- The line height (the space between lines of text)
- The letter spacing