This guide will show you how to add a new Webspace to the Site Backup Facility.
Prerequisites: You must have FTP setup on the webspace for you to be able to back the webspace up! Please see our guide on how to set FTP up: https://help.blacknight.com/entries/22943108-Preparing-your-hosting-and-FTP
We highly recommend that you try and let Site Backup add the site itself. Navigate to the following in your Blacknight Control Panel to do this:
Click on the "Site Backup" tab and at the bottom, click the "Add Missing Web/DBs" button (applicable on our Minimus, Medius, Maximus plans only)
If anything is found, then the site would be added to Site Backup and would be backed up at the next scheduled interval.
If that does not work, or you want to manually add a site, then you would need to carry out the following:
1) Log in to Sitebackup as per: https://help.blacknight.com/hc/en-us/articles/212519849-Site-Backup-How-to-Access-Site-Backup
2) When you login, click on the first button located on the right hand side of the dashboard:
Now, you have to enter the required information for the webspace:
- Protocol: Choose "FTP - File Transfer Protocol"
- Encryption: Choose "Use plain FTP"
- Port: 21
- Hostname: This would be the IP Address of your website, or might be something like ftp.domainname.com
- User name: This would be your FTP username.
- Password: This would be the password that you used when you set up FTP.
- When you have completed all the above fields, click on Next
- Directories: This will list all the Directories that can be accessed by that FTP user.
- Exclusions: By default, it will exclude error logs, cache files as these tend to be larger than normal files.
- Retention: You can decide how many copies of the backups that it keeps.
- You can choose between: "Keep the latest backup only", "Keep 3 of my latest backups", "Keep 7 of my latest backups", "Keep 14 of my latest backups", "Keep 21 of my latest backups" or "Keep 30 of my latest backups"
- You can choose between: "Once a Day", "Twice a Week", "Once a Week", "Twice a month", "Once a Month" or "On Demand"
- Profile Name: Give your profile a name, this is a name so that you can identify the backup.
- Start a backup now: You can choose if you wish to start a backup right there and then or if you wish, you can wait until the schedule kicks in.
- Save: To save the changes.
Now you have set up backups for your website.
If you have any issues setting any of this up, please feel free to get in contact with us email@example.com