- Outlook 2016 does not support manual configuration for Exchange / Office 365 accounts.
- Outlook 2016 does not support Exchange 2007 mailboxes - this is not an issue with our Hosted Exchange (2010).
- Outlook 2016 can only connect to Exchange / Office 365 using the AutoDiscover feature; as such, you will need to ensure the AutoDiscover DNS record is configured - for your domain, in order for Outlook 2016 to connect.
- An Outlook 2016 mail profile cannot be created with the Outlook profile helper tool.
- If you're experiencing issues connecting to Resource Mailboxes - after upgrading your existing profile to Outlook 2016, delete the .ost file and re-create it.
Configuring Outlook 2016
1) Navigate to Windows Control Panel > User Accounts > Mail > Show Profiles > Add. Specify your Profile Name and click OK.
2) On the Auto Account Setup page type your name, primary email address, and your mailbox password twice, then click Next.
3) Outlook 2016 will start configuring your account. When you get a security prompt, check the box Don’t ask me about this website again and then click Allow.
4) Windows Security window might then prompt your user name and password. Enter your primary email address in the User name box and type your mailbox password and click OK
5) Outlook 2016 will discover your email server settings finish configuration of your email account. Once you see all steps are completed, you can click Finish. Now you can open your new profile in Outlook 2016.
If you have any queries on this, please contact our Support team - see the following for our contact details:
Article is closed for comments.