This article relates to adding domains to your Office 365 subscription; in order to do so, you first have to follow the initial configuration steps for your subscription. Please contact email@example.com to go through the initial setup for new plans.
You need to add users directly in the 365 portal.
For how to access the portal please see here: Office 365: Accessing your Account
The following goes through how to add users in the Microsoft 365 portal:
Here you must complete the details labelled with an asterix (*) (star) - specifically the following enteries.
- The email address you wish to create the User for.
- This could be a user at the main Microsoft domain i.e. ending in onmicrosoft.com.
- This must fairly complex.
- You can see more information on the requirements by clicking more.
- Here you can choose the required role for this user - where typically, most users will simply be a User.
- The list of Roles, and their descriptions, can be via the following - Office 365: User Roles
- Usage Location:
- This selection relates to the geographical location of the user.
- Assign Licenses:
- Here you will select the licence this user should may use.
- You do not have to assign a licence, where you are creating a Shared Mailbox.
Office 365 Articles
Please see the following URL for more articles relating to Office 365 subscriptions with ourselves:
If you have any queries on this, please contact our Support team - see the following for our contact details: